Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Endorsed!

I recently got word that I have been endorsed by the Vermont NEA (the teachers union), the Vermont State Labor Council of the AFL-CIO and the Vermont State Employees Association (VSEA).

As a former teacher and consultant with the Vermont Department of Education I have a deep interest in education. I thank VNEA for their endorsement, especially since I highlighted where we diverge as well as where we agree when they asked my views.

I also welcome the support and assistance from the VSEA, as a 25 year member, and of the AFL-CIO.  I will work to assure that Vermont continues to be a great place for working families to live in.  That starts with a living wage for all, affordable housing, real and strong consumer protections, plus a clean and liveable environment.

I will be posting a couple of my education ideas in the next week.  I will also be posting positions and thoughts on what I see as a war on working people going on in this country.  I also will outline my goals for strengthening local economies, advancing the liveable wage, moving to the Genuine Progress Indicator, providing  affordable hoousing and other issues of interest to working Vermonters.

This post will become a page as I get more endorsements.

No comments: